Tuesday, July 24, 2012

SOB Dinner - The Setting

Decorating for this dinner was pretty easy.  I simply pulled out some of my better Sherlockiana and spread it around.
Various memorabilia
John H. Watson trophy, medal from the First International Sherlockian Games.
A wedding gift



Walter P. gets into the act again!

I found a tablecloth at Goodwill, and topped it with a valance, also from Goodwill to dress the table.


The flowers are regular and small white roses, interspersed with Lady's Mantle flowers.  The roses are from the store, and are pretty sad, but they were the best white roses within three different stores I visited.  The Lady's Mantle came from my garden.  They are in silver bowls, picked up cheap at Goodwill, because they were some kind of real estate award.  I think I paid about $2-3 a piece for them.  I have been collecting the silver platters for a while, and finally had enough to use as chargers.  The candelabra is from a local antique store.  I think it came out well.  Elegant and semi-Victorian, which was the look I was going for.



Tomorrow, we start with the appetizers.

No comments:

Post a Comment