Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Appetizers - Cheese Spread and Crackers


"Our appetizers become your lift-off
on a memorable meal."

What a spread!



 To start the meal, we began in the living room with a self serve appetizer and an assortment of cocktails.  I found recipes for three of the original Space Needle cocktails here.

As I told my guests, if they had enough cocktails before dinner, all my food would taste fantastic, or at least they wouldn't remember if it didn't!  To start them on their way, I served each person a Cloud Buster.

Champagne, vodka and lemon peel. This will chase the clouds away!




Then they were put to work on the cheese and crackers.  The cheese spread was pretty basic.  But that's what was listed on the original drink menu, so that is what I fixed.

Cheese Spread

12 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese
10 oz cream cheese
3 T sherry
1 T prepared horseradish
1/2 t garlic salt

Mix all ingredients thoroughly.  Better if made a day or two ahead.  Bring to room temperature before serving.

I served olives and pickled cocktail onions with the cheese and crackers, just because I think they add a nice pop of flavor.

I followed up the Cloud Buster with half servings of both the Milky Way and Panorama Punch drinks.  Roy was hoping we'd drink our way around the menu.  Not quite!  But we did make it halfway around. It kept them busy while I prepared the soup.

Tomorrow, the soup course.


No comments:

Post a Comment