Wednesday, May 23, 2012

First Course - Appetizer

Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms 


2 lobster tail 5 oz or more cooked and chopped
12 to 16  large shrimp, cooked and chopped
2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
1 - 8oz pkg of cream cheese, softened
1 bunch of green onions chopped
1 cup (or more ) of shredded gruyere cheese
1 lb of large mushrooms, cleaned with stems removed

Stir together first six ingredients, and stuff into mushroom caps.  Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes, or until cheese melts.  Serve hot.

Deviled Eggs with Bacon
6 eggs
½ cup bacon bits
mayonnaise
Boil eggs until hard boiled.  Peel, and slice in half.  Scoop out yolks into a bowl.  Mash yolks and add bacon and enough mayonnaise to create a soft filling.  Stuff filling back into reserved egg whites.  Garnish with a little paprika.
Why such an elegant mushroom with such a staple as deviled eggs?  Because my husband doesn’t like mushrooms!  I didn’t want him to feel left out.

I have a secret to confess.  I know very little about wine, other than the right wine can do a lot towards enhancing the enjoyment of a meal.  So I have a wine guy.  He’s great!  I just go to him with a menu, and he picks out all the wines.  With this appetizer I served Delmas Blanquette de Limoux Cuvee Berlene 2007.  It was a very nice sparkling wine, a nice way to start a celebration!


Tomorrow, the second course.

No comments:

Post a Comment